My Life as a Tourism Reseacher

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Four Days in Banaue for Php800

I got an assignment to do an ocular for a signage project in Banaue.

My total per diem allowance for the entire trip was P800. And I did not have any personal money to spare for a decent trip. But I had to do it. Besides, I knew that accommodation in Banaue was very affordable. Sixty five pesos in the town proper and only about thirty pesos in the village called Batad. Bus fare was less than P200 and that actually left me with only P400 for my survival. This is how I did it: I got a map and planned my itinerary before traveling. I stayed for one night in a lodging house in the town proper and limited my every meal to P25. The following day, instead of hiring a jeepney, I took a once-a-day jeepney to Bangaan Village. The fare was only P25. From Bangaan Village. I walked for two hours to Batad Village and stayed there for two nights. On the 4th day, I woke up early and trekked to the jeepney stop. Got on the only jeepney for the day and arrived in Banaue town proper by mid morning. Had lunch and took another jeepney to Solano. From there, I hopped on a bus heading towards Manila. Mission accomplished.

Of course, nowadays, you must be willing to shell out at least P3,500 to have that same adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home